Add-In Installation Steps
How to install the LegalUp Add-In in Word for Mac:
1. Download the Add-In XML file.
2. If a wef folder exists on your computer, place the XML file there. If it doesn’t exist, create it with the following steps:
- Click ‘go to folder’ in Finder (Command + Shift + ‘G’ keys) and copy the following directory into the address box: ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Documents/wef. Then click ‘Go’. Place the XML file in that folder.
- Alternative Option: If that doesn’t work, open Finder, create a new folder and rename it: ~/Users/<YOURUSERNAME>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Documents/wef
- Place LegalUp’s manifest XML file in the new folder you’ve created by copying and pasting the file from your ‘Downloads’ folder into the new folder.
4. Open a new Word document.
5. Go to the Insert tab–> my Add-ins–> click the drop down arrow and you should see the LegalUp Add-in icon.
How to install the LegalUp Add-In in Word for Microsoft:
1. Download the Add-in XML file.
2. Create a new folder under “this PC” and name it ‘manifest’ (or any other name).
3. Place the Add-in XML file in the new folder.
5. Find yourself in the list (if you didn’t give a name to your computer user, you’ll be simply called “user” like in the screenshot below). Click “add” and then click “share”.
6. The following screen will open up.
9. The following screen will open up. Select “trust center”.
11. In the catalog url row paste the folder name you copied. In our example the link of the whole file has been copied and we need to put here only the link to the folder. So we deleted all the letters after the folder name (see the highlighted words in the screenshot below – they should be deleted).
Also, if you have any letters or signs at the beginning of the link, before the “//” – as in the screenshot below – they should be deleted too12. Then check the box under “show in menu”
16. Click on LegalUp Add-in Icon (it should appear in the ‘home’ tab) to open the Add-in and Log in / Sign up.