5. Add Phrase
What is a Phrase?
A phrase is a word, couple of words or a sentence that should be inserted to the document only under a certain condition.
In a Services Agreement, there is an option that a the Contractor will issue reports on a weekly basis or an a monthly basis. This is dependant upon the answer to the question “reports” in the questionnaire.
In that case, the word “weekly” will be defined as a phrase, and the word “monthly” will be defined as an alternative phrase.
How to insert a Phrase into the document?
- Mark the word/s that you wish to create a “phrase” from.
- Go to the hamburger icon in the Add-in and select ‘add phrase’.
- The selected words will become the first alternative (default). Insert the second wording alternative to the #alt1# option that has been opened for you.
- Click ‘save’ in the Add-in (the plug-in)
- In order to define the conditions for the appearance of the phrases in the document, go to the right clause in the ‘Clauses’ tab in the Add-in. You can just mark the clause in Word and system will automatically mark the right clause on the right Clauses map.
- Click on the arrow in the right clause, and then on the phrase itself.
Insert the different phrases conditions.